Monday, August 17, 2015

Bout of Books 14

Bout of BooksI'm really excited about this, I have been seriously slacking on my 20 Books of Summer challenge and have fallen WAY behind (like, I've been reading the same book for the entire month of August behind), so hopefully, this readathon will help me kick my butt into high-gear. Actually, the kids being away at camp will probably be the biggest kick in the pants to get some reading done... You should totally join in.  What is Bout of Books all about, you ask?

From the Bout of Books team:

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 17th and runs through Sunday, August 23rd in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 14 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog.

I'll be updating my progress here on this post as well as on twitter and instagram so hopefully you'll come find me and let me know what you're reading.

I'm aiming for to at least get through 100 pages a day, I feel like this is totally doable since the kids are away, but also not overwhelming, because I still have a full-time job and, you know, a life to deal with and stuff. I'm not putting together a formal tbr for this readathon as I like to just read whatever strikes my fancy, but I'd like to finish 2 books this week (but I'd honestly be happy with finishing just one and wrapping up my current read) and hopefully take part in at least 1 challenge.

UPDATES

MONDAY:
Pages read today: 57
Pages read this week: 57
Notes: Super tired today after work, and fell asleep when I should have been reading. So far not doing super awesome at my 100-pages-a-day goal. Planning on making up for it tomorrow.

TUESDAY:
Pages read today: 106
Pages read this week:163
Notes: Not a bad reading day, I hit my goal of 100 pages which is pretty fantastic. Yay me.

WEDNESDAY:
Pages read today: 58
Pages read this week: 221
Notes: Today I only read on the train, I'm not feeling super productive this week.

THURSDAY:
Pages read today: 69
Pages read this week: 290
Notes: Not much read today (I've been binge watching Luther... OMG sooo addictive) but finished American Gods finally, yay!!

FRIDAY:
Pages read today: 11
Pages read this week: 301
Notes: I read one short story today from Margaret Atwood's Moral Disorder. This one is going to be my next commute book. My boys came home from their week at camp tonight so I didn't read at all this evening. Totally worth it.

WEEKEND:
Pages read today: 0
Pages read this week: 301
Notes: We had soccer tournament/bbq/festival Saturday and martial arts class and family dinner on Sunday so no reading got done over the weekend, but lots of fun family time <3.

Total Pages Read This Week: 301
Total Books Read This Week: 1

FINAL THOUGHTS: 


I didn't manage to reach my 100-page-a-day goa;, but I did manage to finish my current reach, which was pretty dense. Bout of Books is such a laid back readathon that I am totally satisfied and don't feel like a failure at all with how I did ;) 

How did your reading week go?

1 comment: