Saturday, January 3, 2015

Hail to the King - A Stephen King Challenge (Intro Post)

HAIL TO THE KING
Cass and Leah are hosting a pretty great challenge for 2015. It's going to be all about reading the works of Stephen King. The rules and linky to sing up are here.

The Questions

1. What got you into Stephen King?
2. How long have you been a fan? Or are you a newbie?
3. First King book you read? [or plan to!] Did you like it?
4. Level you’re aiming to achieve!
The Answers
  1.  This Challenge, hopefully! I've never read any Stephen King, even though it was my goal to read at least one of his books last Halloween - I chickened out.
  2. I am totally new to his books (redundant answer, I know, but there's no other way to put it.) I've watched a few movies that were based on his books. Does that count?
  3. The first book I plan to read by Stephen King is On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft, I know it's technically not a novel or short story (ok, it's definitely not either of those), but I'm really hoping no one will hold it against me. I'm taking baby steps into the world of horror.
  4. I'm hoping to read at least 3 of his books, so Scaredy Cat level for me. If anyone objects to my first pick being non-fiction, I'll probably end up reading 2 novels and I won't count On Writing (which I really want to read, so I'll read it anyway).
Are you a fan of Stephen King? Will you be joining in on the Stephen King Challenge? Let's chat on twitter #hailtotheking. We'll get over the fear together!

0 comments:

Post a Comment